Water Efficiency Calculations
Building Regulation 36(1) requires a water efficiency calculation for each new dwelling and each dwelling formed by material change of use.
Innervision Design can prepare a full and bespoke water efficiency design specification and prepare a full compliance report including calculations so that you can be sure that your project will achieve Building Regulations Part G Compliance.
Our service package includes:
- "As Designed" water efficiency calculations and compliance reports to support Building Regulations applications, and to provide target specifications to guide the purchase of compliant sanitary fittings
- "As Built" water efficiency calculations and reports to demonstrate compliance with Building Regulation 36(1) prior to completion
- "Notice of Water Efficiency" as required by Regulation 37(1) to be presented to your Local Authority prior to completion
- Water Efficiency calculations to meet the Code for Sustainable Homes Water credits (Wat 1).
The water efficiency calculation is performed using our in-house developed software "G-Calc 2015". "G-Calc 2015" is based on the "The Water Efficiency Calculator for new dwellings - The Government's national calculation methodology for assessing water efficiency in new dwellings". The software is now widely used by architects, designers and energy assessors across England with clients including Breckland Council, Cundall and many other architectural and sustainability practices. If you want to carry out water efficiency calculations in-house, "G-Calc 2015" will be an essential tool to help achieve compliance. If you are interested in purchasing a copy, please see links below.
An essential water efficiency calculator to comply with Building Regulations
Introducing G-Calc 2015 - Approved Document Part G / Regulations 36(1) & 37(1) and CSH Water Efficiency Calculation Software
G-Calc 2015 is based on the "The Water Efficiency Calculator for new dwellings - The Government's national calculation methodology for assessing water efficiency in new dwellings". It is now widely used by architects, designers and energy assessors across England.
The full version of G-calc 2015 gives you, the designer the ability to:
- ENTER data in the same format as the tables in the "Water efficiency" calculator;
- OPEN existing project calculations for instant edit or review;
- SAVE new project calculations;
- PRINT dedicated Building Regulation (2015) reports including, a Notice of Water Efficiency (as required by 37(1)), a summary page together with all the corresponding completed Tables;
- PRINT dedicated Code for Sustainable homes "potable water usage" reports;
- CREATE separate "As Design" (including Builders check list) and "As Built" Reports;
- ADD bespoke, user defined notes to the Report;
- ADD your company logo to the Notice of Water Efficiency;
- ADD your company header and colour scheme to the Report;
- INSTANTLY monitor any changes you make to the specification;
- SAVE time. No additional "hand" calculations required - software does it all;
- ACCESS useful external web links from within the program;
- SEARCH the web for the products your client wants from within the program;
- AUTO-UPDATE. You'll always have the current version (connection to internet required).
|Evaluation Copy||Full version|
|Price||Free||£120.00 (single license)|
|Perform the full calculation||Yes||Yes|
|Open existing files||No||Yes|
|Save new projects files||No||Yes|
|Print full Report||No||Yes|
|Access Web Browser||Yes||Yes|
|Add bespoke notes to Report||No||Yes|
|Evaluation period||30 Days||N/A|
With reduced functionality but still offering full calculation operations, an evaluation version is available for free, you can try before you make a purchase. Requests to upgrade to the full version can be made from within the software or alternatively contact Innervision Design.