Flood Risk Assessment
Dr Robin Saunders - Our lead consultant
Innervision Design offers a variety of hydrology reports to our clients in order to satisfy the Local Planning Authorities, the Environment Agency, or to meet BREEAM requirements.
Our lead consultant, Dr Robin Saunders, is a member of the British Hydrological Society. He developed Flood Risk Probability software for use within the industry and academia. He holds a Doctorate and a First class BEng with Honours degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Southampton.
We have undertaken flood risk assessment and SuDS design for many projects, which range from single dwellings to large residential and commercial developments with more than 300 units. We have successfully helped our clients to obtain planning permissions by addressing issues from the Environment Agency and Local Planning Authorities in a robust and methodological manner.
We are very responsive and fast in providing quotes and answering enquires. Please get in touch for a no-obligation fee quotation, or for a discussion about your project.
Flood Risk Assessment
- Flood Risk Assessment Reports to aid Planning Applications: In accordance with NPPF (National Planning Policy Framework). A Flood Risk Assessment (FRA) forms an integral part of a Planning Application for all major developments in any Flood Zone, and any minor developments in areas at risk of flooding (Zones 2 & 3)
- Flood Risk Assessment Reports to meet BREEAM requirements. FRA is a mandatory requirement for any new commercial development which aims for BREEAM ratings.
- Flood Risk Assessment Reports to meet the Code for Sustainable Homes SUR 1 and SUR 2 requirements. FRA is a mandatory requirement for any new residential development which aims for Code for Sustainable Homes ratings (SUR 1 and SUR 2 issues)
Flood Risk from Surface Water
Surface water flooding occurs when intense rainfall overwhelms drainage systems. Around 35 000 properties were affected by surface water during the major floods of 2007. For dwellings located in areas with critical drainage problems, the risk of flooding from surface water is particularly high.
Our flood risk assessment addresses the issue of surface water flooding by incorporating the following calculations into our report where necessary:
- Surface Water Run-off Calculations. Assessment of Greenfield and Brownfield run-off rates and volumes pre and post development in accordance with best practice
- Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) Design. SuDS design in accordance with The SuDS Manual and BRE DG365. Our past projects have incorporated a wide range of SuDS techniques.
- Soakaway Design. Some small developments only require installation of soakaways. We may require percolation test results subject to these being in accordance with BRE365 methodology. If you wish to carry out percolation test on your own, we can provide detailed guidance on how this should be undertaken.
A professional Flood Risk Assessment report does not need to be expensive.
We endeavour to be competitive. Our prices start from £600+VAT depending on complexity of the project.
In order for us to provide you with an accurate quote, please email us the site location of your project with full postal code, site plans and any drainage information if they are available.
Our initial phone consultations are always free, please call 01279 862447 for a friendly discussion.