SAP Calculations and EPC
The projects which require SAP calculations
- All newly constructed dwellings: require SAP calculations and Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) to comply with Part L1A of the Building Regulations
- Conversion projects: require SAP calculations and EPCs to comply with Part L1B.
- Extensions with openings exceeding 25% of floor area: require SAP calculations to justify excessive glazing and to comply with Part L1B. EPCs are not generally required.
Services we offer
Our accredited SAP assessors can guide you through the compliance process and offer you all the relevant SAP documentation required to achieve compliance with Approved Document Part L1. Our SAP service package includes:
- “As Designed” SAP calculations and recommendations to achieve compliance
- "As Built" SAP calculations and compliance reports
- Issuance of EPCs for newly constructed dwellings and conversion dwellings
- SAP calculations to justify excessive glazing in extensions, garden rooms and conservatories
- U-Value calculations
- Advice and recommendations for achieving a Part L pass
- SAP calculations to meet the Code for Sustainable Homes Energy credits (Ene 1, Ene 2 and Ene 7).
We offer fully inclusive and fixed packages to projects of any size nationwide. Hence there are no additional or hidden fees required from you at a later stage in order to achieve Part L compliance and obtain EPCs.
For any new projects, water efficiency calculations are also required to comply with Part G of the Building Regulations. Clients often require us to carry out water efficiency calculations alongside SAP in order to reduce the number of suppliers they have to use. Hence we offer two packages for our clients to choose from.
|SAP package||SAP and Water package|
|SAP calculations||√||SAP calculations||√|
|U-Value calculations||√||U-Value calculations||√|
|Compliance reports||√||Compliance reports||√|
|EPC lodgement fees||√||EPC lodgement fee||√|
|Water calculations||×||Water calculations||√|
|Cost from £150+VAT||Cost from £200+VAT|
|Time scale (3-5 working days)||Time scale (3-5 working days)|
Please feel free to email or call us for a bespoke no-obligation quote for your projects.