UK-based Innervision Design Ltd has now released G-Calc 2015, a MicroSoft Windows-based calculation tool. G-Calc 2015 facilitates compliance checking to the latest Building Regulations - Approved Document Part G 2015 Edition. G-Calc 2015 now supersedes the previous version G-Calc 2010, which has been widely used by architects, energy assessors, sustainability consultants and other building professionals across the country.
The development of G-Calc 2015 incorporates changes set in the latest 2015 edition of Approved Document G, which came into effect on 1 October 2015 in England. The key additional features of G-Calc 2015 in comparison to the previous version of G-Calc 2010 include:
- Incorporation of an optional requirement for tighter water efficiency. In particular, it facilitates an optional requirement of 110 litres/person/day where required by planning permission,
- Incorporation of a fittings approach as an alternative to using the full water efficiency calculator.
G-Calc 2015 inherits the familiar interfaces and features of G-Calc 2010 including:
- Producing accurate and real-time calculations using a simple interface,
- Saving and re-Opening project files,
- Printing concise “As designed” and “As built” calculation reports,
- Generating a “Notice of Water Efficiency” as required by the Building Regulations.
G-Calc 2010 software will continue to apply to work started before 1st October 2015, for example, work subject to a building notice, full plans application or initial notice submitted before that date.
For further information on G-Calc 2015, please contact us on 01279 862447 or visit http://www.innervision-design.co.uk/water-calculations-and-part-g-software.php.